Software applications are created to solve problems that a business or even an individual might have. Planning is a crucial step in the software development process. Applications may not achieve the intended goal unless properly planned.
Imagine that you are a programming consultant. One of your smaller clients needs your help writing a program. Your client has an e-commerce Web site but wants to avoid being sued for allowing children to make purchases without the authorization of their parents.
Prepare a document that guides your client in program preparation and includes an example console program. The console program must verify the age of a customer attempting to make an online purchase. The program must prompt the customer for his or her year of birth, and it will calculate whether the customer is over 18 years old. The program will then display a message to the customer that his or her purchase request is accepted or denied.
Your paper must include the following 5 parts in addition to the coded solution:
- A problem analysis chart with each of the following sections:
- Given information
- Required results
- Processing required to obtain the results
- Solution alternatives
- A flowchart showing the program processing flow
- A chart showing input, output, and processing
- An algorithm in pseudocode describing the steps the program will perform. This pseudocode algorithm would consist of a list of steps explaining the sequence of tasks the program will follow to complete the task.
- The console program solution with a screenshot of the executed program.