Due: 10/4 by 11:59 p.m. Be specific and complete for full credit.
Katla Volcano, Iceland
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/09/02/tourists-… (Links to an external site.)
1) When did Katla last erupt and why is it thought that eruptions occur between September and November?
2) What group of people is the greatest challenge to Iceland in the event of an eruption and what three challenges does this group present?
3) How many active volcanoes does Iceland have? What features on Katla make it most feared?
4) Describe the train of events that could occur if Katla erupts and why each would occur.
5) What are the three main materials erupting from the volcano that may present risks?
6) How does Icelandâ€™s emergency message system operate and what is the backup plan for areas that have weak signals?