This assignment consists of two (3) sections: analysis and design document, a requirements document, and a project plan that is created through the use of MS Project. You must submit the three (3) sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for. Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Read the article titled â€œTopBikeâ€ and complete this assignment:
Imagine that you, a systems architect leading a consulting team, are asked to perform a systems analysis and design to help TopBike implement a software system that can improve their profits and save costs.
Section 1: Analysis and Design Document
- Write a ten to twelve (10-12) page paper in which you:
- Identify the business problems that TopBike has.
- Determine the analysis technique for this project and explain why.
- Determine the methodology for this project and explain why.
- Identify the roles (i.e., system analyst, developer) for the team and explain their responsibilities.
- Explain how to conduct requirements gathering sessions and determine the tools to use.
- Create the functional model, structural model, and behavioral model with class diagrams through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Word or Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Create a design document with a data management layer.
- Draw a physical architecture diagram for the final solution through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length. .
- Explain the human-interface design considerations.
- Explain the steps for developing test cases and describe how they help the overall project.
- Determine the change management process and post implementation strategy for the project and product.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Section 2: Requirements Document
- Create a requirements document that includes:
- Functional and nonfunctional requirements for TopBike.
- Nonfunctional requirements for TopBike.
- Use cases and their descriptions.
Section 1 and 2 of this assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
Section 3: Project Plan
Use Microsoft project to:
- Develop the project plan. The project plan must:
- Record all tasks, subtasks, resources, and time related to the project.
- Outline the planning, analysis, design, and implementation phases.
- Identify the key milestones of your project.