Directions: You will need to find a SCHOLARLY PEER REVIEWED JOURNAL article related to your research topic. You can use either the hard copy journals available through from the library or articles found in databases through the SAU Library website.
Please answer each question completely! What I mean is that, for each question, your answer should be a complete sentence, and you should provide specific details that relate your article to your topic.
Ex.: â€œWhat makes this article authoritative?â€ The lead researcher, Dr. Jones, has been working in pediatric medicine for over 20 years, and has written repeatedly about Aspergerâ€™s Syndrome.
You will not receive full credit for short or general answers.
What is your research topic?
What database did you find your article in? Remember, EBSCOhost is NOT a database â€“ itâ€™s a platform.
What words did you use to find your article? Did you change them based off results, suggestions from the thesaurus, or terms you found elsewhere? Did you use Boolean operators (AND, OR, NOT)?
Write the citation for your selected article in APA format.If you need examples for the format, check out http://owl.english.purdue.edu/ or http://www.library.cornell.edu/resrch/citmanage/apa.
- How current is this article with regards to your research topic? What information helps you confirm that it is not out of date?
- Explain how you will use the information to help you answer your research question.
- What are their credentials of the authors? What makes you confident that they know the subject well?
- Is this article accurate? What evidence do you have to support that the article is either accurate or not accurate?
- What is the motivation of the authors in writing this article? Is there any reason to doubt their motives? Are they trying to promote a particular viewpoint?
- Choose one of the sources cited within your article that looks like it would also be useful. Using Google Scholar or the library databases, provide a link to the full-text of the article.