These are two separate discussion posts not one paper. Both discussion posts need to be completed. Any references used should be in APA format and cited in the body of the posts as well as a reference section. There is no word or page requirement, but please provide the fullest answer possible.
Share your slogan; In order to develop your business plan presentation you believe it will be important to develop a catchy slogan to describe your business. (Business plan is attached to this post to help develop a slogan)
Cover letters are recommended, and in many instances required, for job applications. If you want to stand out from other candidates, you will want to write a unique cover letter for each position you apply to. If you use a generic cover letter for each application, it will show and not address the specific needs of that employer.
Cover letters allow you to clarify, detail, and expand on your most relevant and important skills and competencies. A cover letter allows you to showcase your written communication skills as well.
It is important that you have a compelling and unique cover letter. To write an impactful cover letter, you need to answer the following questions before you begin composing it. Starting with these questions will help provide a clear and concise message for the person reading your cover letter.
- Why are you interested in the position? Consider what makes the position, organization, or company interesting to you.
- What three skills or competencies do you possess that match the skills the employer is seeking in a candidate?
- You can find these skills by viewing the job description. These specific skills are the reason every cover letter should be unique for each job for which you apply.
For this discussion, you will explore the components of a cover letter, reflect on your most relevant skills, and assess what action steps you can take to make your cover letter stronger.
- The Cover Letters (Links to an external site.) Links to an external site. resource contains step-by-step instructions for creating a cover letter including: formatting suggestions, tips regarding how to highlight your best skills and qualification and how to tailor your letter for specific job you wish to apply to.
- For more in-depth guidance for writing a cover letter, please watch the Creating a Compelling Cover Letter (Links to an external site.) Links to an external site. pre-recorded webinar (58 minutes).
In your initial post
- First, identify a position on www.indeed.com (Links to an external site.) Links to an external site. that interests you as a potential job opportunity. As this is a capstone course, please choose a job position that is relevant to your educational experiences and future career aspirations.
- Next, using the format suggestions from both the webinar and cover letter sample, create a unique cover letter for this specific job opportunity. Please remember to make sure it highlights your specific and relevant experience that is tailored to fit the needs of this specific employer. The goal is to tailor the cover letter to the position you seek.
- Last, paste the link of the job description you are interested in above your cover page. This will allow you to obtain feedback from your classmates on your draft cover letter.